At Tymit our mission is to give people the self-confidence to live life to the fullest by offering them credit that’s smart, flexible and honest.
That’s why we launched the world’s first installment credit card – and why we’re now partnering with only the most iconic brands to bring the next generation of installment experiences to their customers.
We believe that everyone deserves financial peace of mind, that credit should only work for you, and that tech will continue to transform the way to shop, pay and manage our spending.
Our talented and growing team is based in the UK, Spain and Greece, and we’re all committed to creating a diverse, fun work environment, with collaboration and the customer at the core of everything we do.
Following our £23m Series A round, closed in October 2021 and led by Frasers Group, we’re focused on our next phase of growth – and creating the future of installment experiences.
Compensation & Perks
The salary range of this role is 35,000€ – 48,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
Your birthday off.
Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices – Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
Budget for remote home expenses.
Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
Private health insurance.
6 months free-interest for all Tymiteers in our Tymit card.
Budget for your home office set up.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and dedicated QA Engineer to build the safest credit card in the market. Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them.
Joining our engineering team, and you work cross-platform, testing on both our iOS and Android applications. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps every week. The ideal candidate is mobile-savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work as part of cross-functional, friendly, agile tech teams to ensure quality is driven into the development process.
- Test new features and ensure that existing features are working well.
- Ensure that tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team on the status of quality.
- Help to configure test environments for both manual and automated tests.
- Find bugs and analyze the importance and priority of bugs relating to a release.
- Write clear bug reports and provide all the necessary detail so that others can reproduce and diagnose the issue.
- Play a part in clarifying business requirements and user stories.
- Work with Product, Tech, and Ops teams to ensure applications are tested to the defined acceptance level.
- Bear in mind both verification and validation for the product.
- Collaborate on the definition of process. Actively provides improvement feedback on current processes.
- Push improvement for automation across the testing pyramid.
- Consider best practices, design patterns, code smells for the automation code and the reviews.
- Instructs, mentors and coaches to develop a QA mindset to other QAs and tech roles.
- Collaborate in the metric definition and implementation.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Software Engineer in Test team: you will be working with technologies such as Xcode, Android Studio, JMeter, Xray, Appium, Selenium, TestProject, Taurus, Slack and Jira.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
Know your path within Tymit…
You will meet other Tymiteers and their roles in the guild and squad, looking at the tools, processes, ceremonies, stack, stakeholders, etc. Also, where to find out the documentation and what are the development processes with all its conventions. Start participating in the team culture and the recurring meetings of the QA team and squad, such as retros, syncs, and internal learning sessions, so you get familiar with the format.
You will be able to start pulling the thread, looking at possible improvements and things you may want to take on later. You will understand the scale and impact of our business.
You will have ventured into all squads and worked cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers enough to understand requirements, provide technical insights. You will be familiar enough with the structure of our project to be able to start proposing improvements. Do manual test across different layers, define test plans, define test cases, start identifying risks.
You will be a crucial member of the team. So, your contributions and proposals will bring tremendous value to the business and help other more junior team members grow. You will have a vision of the roadmap and the priorities to make Tymit’s tech scalable. You will be working with the broader engineering team to enhance, document, establish processes and improve the app’s design and functionalities. Coordinates the execution of test sessions, detect and rise risks during the SDLC, collaborates on the definition of process, drive POCs for automation initiatives.
What you will bring along
- Hands-on experience in testing mobile apps.
- Previous experience using Xcode/Android studio, Espresso, Charles Proxy, or any other proxy tool.
- Exposure to automated testing tools, e.g. Appium, Robot Framework, Playwright, Protractor, Test sigma, Katalon Studio, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience working with API automation frameworks or tools, e.g.: REST Assured, Postman, etc.
- Passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the importance of meeting release deadlines.
- Clear communicator, fluent in English.
- Holistic thinking and focus on small, intricate details essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
60 min. video-call with Mariano, QA Lead. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
60 min. video-call with two other engineers from our Engineering team. Technical discussion with your future team and introduction to Tymit’s culture.
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
*Please, take into account that we do not provide Visa sponsorships, and you need to have right to work in the countries where we are located.