This company in the scientific publishing sector, dedicated to developing an open-source platform, is looking for a QA Engineer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to work on testing our data products and data processes that serve efficient and AI-supported article reviews.
- Mapping business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, and automated tests together with quality control processes.
- Executing tests, reporting, and analyzing results in a timely manner.
- Driving the quality mindset of the Development Team together with other QAs.
- Monitoring all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve bugs or report potential risks.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to define and verify the Acceptance Criteria of our Backlog items.
- Testing new functionalities by analyzing data and coding Python scripts.
- Testing activities in different stages of our big data ETL pipeline, also by implementing new quality gates.
- Cooperating with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts and Scientists to ensure quality and visibility across different data-related teams.
- Testing backend services.
- Preparing test data, monitoring background processes, and the data flow.
- Suggesting and introducing improvements in our QA process.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
- Experience working closely with business teams to understand business requirements and anticipate issues.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience with Data Testing.
- Working with ETL pipelines.
- Coding skills.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
Nice to have:
- Experience with a Cloud Platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with Big Data and Data Lakes.
- Experience with Google BigQuery.
- Experience with Kafka.
- Coding skills in Python.
- Experience working with background processes.
- Experience with Graph, MongoDB, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Xray Test Management for JIRA.
- Really senior colleagues in all fields of IT, you will learn new things every single day.
- Exciting projects, you’ll work on different applications and features throughout the year.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days.
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme.
- Flexible working framework.
- Remote working across Spain.
- On-off bonus to set up your workspace at home.
- If you ever come to the office, we have top-notch facilities.
- Extensive learning opportunities.
- A monthly social Happy Hour to share beers and tapas with colleagues.
Quality Assurance (QA)
Horario flexible Horario de entrada y salida flexibles, libertad para gestionar asuntos personales o familiares.
Ticket restaurant La empresa ofrece o financia tickets restaurant para las comidas entre semana.
Cursos y certificaciones La empresa financia cursos de formación relacionados con las funciones del puesto.
Bono gimnasio La empresa ofrece o financia actividades deportivas y saludables.
Tickets guardería La empresa ofrece o financia tickets de guardería para los empleados con hijos.